ND Energy Services is looking to hire experienced Workover Rig Derrickhands with a strong work ethic and willingness to learn and grow with the company.
A Workover Rig Derrickhand is responsible for all activities conducted from an elevated position in the rod basket or tubing board.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Works in the derrick on tubing board and in the rod basket when tripping pipe
- Verifies the derrick is properly scoped out, anchored, and devices are properly deployed
- Assists the operator in rigging up and down, lining up the well service rig with the well
- Responsible for all elevated work associated with rigging down
- Operates pump, tongs, elevators, and other rig tools and equipment
- Drives crew truck when necessary
- Works the floor or operates the rig when necessary
- Maintains and inspects climbing devices and fall prevention equipment
- Attends and participated in safety meetings
- Understand and comply with company, customer, and health/safety policies, and any other regulations that are required
- Reports any and all incidents immediately
- Able to work in all weather conditions
- Performs other duties as directed by management
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess organization and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work with a team
- Must be able to lift 100 lbs and hand physical demanding work
- Must be able to communicate using oral and basic written communication
- Must pass a Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol screening and participate in the random testing pool
- Must pas a background check and motor vehicle record check
- Arrange for reliable transportation to and from work
The requirements listed in this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The job operates in an outside environment. The role routinely works in all weather conditions, including but not limited to: extreme wind, rain, cold, heat, etc.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work as job duties demand.
License & Certifications
- Valid Driver's License
- Class A or B CDL, preferred
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous workover experience required
- Competitive Wages and Paid Time Off
- Health, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan with company match